Science Teacher

My photo
United States
7th and 8th grade Science Teacher, Robotics coach

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Social Networks!

This week has been full of exploration.  I've joined a total of four new social networks.  Well, only three this week.  I'm now a member of two different Nings:  iPads in Education and Smart Board Revolution.  I picked these two Nings because they both may/will offer me assistance with technology applications in my classroom.  I have a Smart Board, but have become accustomed to using it the same way day in and day out.  I want to do more creative, hands-on type activities with and for my students.  I believe collaborating with professionals who do this on a daily basis will help me build upon what I've already been doing.  I definitely wanted to be part of the iPads in Education Ning because my Science Department Leader has just purchased iPads for us to use in the classroom.  I don't own an iPad, so I will be needing assistance (other than the manual) with using it to enhance learning in the classroom.  I've already posted a question:  Does iPad have an app for digital books?  I'm helping my principal put together a professional development library, and would like to have digital books as part of the library.

I also joined edWeb.  The platform is somewhat like Facebook.  It's used to connect with colleagues in education, create professional learning communities, collaborate on goals and initiatives,
provides support for new teachers, and provides ways to practice 21st century skills. 

I'm loving my wealth of web 2.0 resources, and I can't wait to begin to reap the harvest of belonging to these social networks.  I have to say the Pinterest is my favorite.  I love Pinning things and putting them on my board.  It's a great organizational tool that allows me to share what I have found, and to explore and borrow what others have found!

Well, I'm off to learn more.  Until next time...

         Hope
~Sutton4Science~

1 comment: