Science Teacher

My photo
United States
7th and 8th grade Science Teacher, Robotics coach

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Networked Classrooms

This is been a very long and busy week.  I'm still learning about twitter, but I'm struggling with tweeting five times per week.  Five times???  What is so difficult about that? 

Networked classrooms have advantages and disadvantages.  A benefit of a networked classroom is that it allows for collaborative Learning.   I always say that two brains are better than one brain.  In this situation students are learning from and teaching one another. This provides multiple opportunities for students to inquire and take initiative for their own education. Networked classrooms address the learning needs of all learners because it requires students to think for themselves, ask questions, and set out to discover the answer. The content isn't watered down or altered because it meets students where they are academically and builds from that point.

Starting a networked classroom is not as difficult as I thought.  First, I obtained permission my my principal.  I have been tweeting about and researching the networked classroom for ideas. My first tool is relying on my PLN for information.  There are a great deal of tools available for the science class.  This week, we are using Skype to speak to other teams about robotics and STEM activities. 


~Sutton4Science~

No comments:

Post a Comment