Science Teacher

My photo
United States
7th and 8th grade Science Teacher, Robotics coach

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Chatting on Twitter

Well.... I was nervous, confused, and didn't have an idea about how to do what I was supposed to be doing.  BUT, I did it.  I finally participated in my 1st Twitter Chat; I say 1st because I plan on participating in more.
I chatted with other teaching professionals via #edchat.  The subject, which I thought was going to be something else, centered around student poverty and how it affects education.  Now, I'm usually not a very talkative person, unless of course I really have some input.  I didn't get to speak (chat) like I was expecting, not because I didn't have anything to say, but because it's such a fast paced environment for a novice like myself.  I was reading the post of others, and when I finally figured out how to respond there would be 75 new tweets.  I kept looking at the formatting for how others had their tweets to make sure I was doing things correctly.  I responded and then looked for someone to respond to me.  Then again, I would realize there were 150 new tweets for me to read.  Very fast paced environment, very fast.
Finally, I had a conversation going, and felt like I was getting the hang of it.  However, that person only responded to me once.
I enjoyed reading the post of others.  I really enjoyed the fact that educator's (those that were chatting) obviously love their profession.  It sounds like they really work hard to level the playing field for those who are less fortunate.  That was really comforting and encouraging to me. 
In the very near future, I will be participating in a chat again.  I can't give up, I will get chatting down to an art.
I'm loving Twitter.  I'm amazed at how many resources I've secured just in a short amount of time.

~Sutton4Science~  

1 comment:

  1. Hope - I'm glad to hear you are enjoying Twitter and the Twitter chat you participated in. :)

    ReplyDelete